Marcelle Mansour is an International Multi-Award Winning, Australian Visual Artist, A World Master Academic Artist, Painter, Digital Painter, Light Artist, Fine Art Photographer, Author, Poet, Bilingual Writer and Peace Ambassador. Originally of Palestinian Heritage, based in Sydney. She earned two Masters of Fine Arts (MFA) and Studio Arts (MSA) from the University of Sydney and previously a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in English Language & Literature from Ain Shams University, Cairo in Egypt. She began drawing from early childhood and was numerously awarded top art prizes by the Department of Education. Marcelle’s passion for art, drove her to create memorable paintings, her impetus desire for creating art became compelling to reflect on significant subjects, to narrate stories, to stimulate and inspire viewers.
Her work spans from representational art to abstract, digital and light art in a variety of mediums and styles that balance classical insight with contemporary realistic formulation. She has exhibited nationally and internationally in Biennales and major international exhibitions in New York, Paris (Louvre), Venice, London, Florence, Amsterdam, Milan, Canada, Miami, Rome, Barcelona, Budapest, Malta, Monte Carlo, Washington, Zurich, and Sydney. Her exhibitions of Shifting Waves and Treasure Forever for prominent Australians gained her popularity in portraiture, and some were published in her book of Shifting Waves.
Marcelle Mansour’s work featured in art magazines including British Vogue in London 2022, The Prestigious Annual Artbook ARTISTI’23 in Florence, Italy 2023, Contemporary Celebrity Masters 2023 in Florence, Modern Art Masters 2022 in Complex de Louvre, Top 60 Masters 2022 in New York and International Contemporary Masters 2023 in Canada. Her art is dominated by beauty and thoughts that explore the world of knowledge and wisdom of human psychology and perception. Her work is a manifestation of beauty with illuminating colors and communicating her mind’s thoughts which speak to viewers worldwide. Inspired by spirituality, humanity, embroidery art, and the power of intense color, her art is radiant and significant in reflecting humanistic topics for strengthening the sense of positive values.
Marcelle Mansour received numerous international art prizes including an Honorary Presidential Award, the Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM) in the 2017 Queen’s Birthday Honours, various International Juried art Competitions, Honorable Mentions for Artistic Excellence and Finalists. Her artwork “ABUNDANCE” was awarded the WINNER at the 1st Budapest Juried Art Exhibition in the Golden Duck Gallery, Budapest in collaboration with Teravarna Art Gallery in the USA. Over the years Marcelle won many international awards including ArtTour International Top 60 Masters Award, ATIM’s Collector’s Choice Award, International Art Prize Paris 2022, International Barcelona Prize 2022, Voices of Tomorrow Art Award, Collectors Art Prize Award, International Prize Donatello, International Prize Leonardo da Vinci, International Prize Michelangelo, 50 Artists to Invest In, The Star of Art and Market, Top Artists Award, PEGASUS Award, The Best Modern and Contemporary Artists London Prize, Segnalati International Prize, Faces of Peace International Art Price, Teravarna Talent Prize Awards International Competitions for several times.
In her artistry, Marcelle explores the world of knowledge and wisdom. She reflects on challenges affecting our global community with the purpose of hope for reshaping reality by highlighting the beauty of humanity. She is interested in creating art that makes the audience part of her work to open channels for conversation and to contemplate the inward visual perceptual communication. Marcelle’s paintings of prominent diverse Australians, their biographies, women’s multiple roles, poetry and scenery were published in her “Shifting Waves” book. Her art is primarily focused on contemporary realistic portraiture, figurative art, and social change. She draws inspiration from sources ranging from art history, philosophy, Renaissance and Contemporary Art, spirituality, humanity, women, social issues, light and perception, inner feeling and vivid colors. Marcelle received numerous art grants and prizes including awards for her artwork “Women Strength”, and her literary work “Struggle of Migrant Women in Australia”, she was selected as a Role Model for the ethnic communities on cultural aspects and received the ‘Gibran Khalil Gibran’s Medal’ on behalf of the renowned Vocalist, Fairouz, in Lebanon.
Marcelle participated in the 21st Biennale of Sydney “Superposition” in 2018 and XIII Florence Biennale 2021 in Italy. Her “Threshold” art exhibition of Light and Perception, contributed to UNESCO International Year of Light (IYL) in Australia, earning her the Ambassador of Peace Award. In 2017, Marcelle was honored to be awarded the Order of Australia Medal (OAM) with the approval of Queen Elizabeth II by His Excellency General the Honorable David Hurley AC DSC Governor-General of NSW, for her service to the visual and literary arts and the community.
Marcelle’s artworks have been featured in English and Ethnic media, including Radio and SBS TV, Art print and online books and magazines. Among them: The Australian Artist (AUS), Artist Portfolio (USA) and Artist Talk (UK), Spotlight Contemporary Art Magazine by Circle Foundation for the Arts, Art Ideal Magazine by Circle Foundation for the Arts, Power of Creativity by Contemporary Art Curator Magazine, Art Tour International Magazine”, ATIM’s Top 60 Masters Awards, Art Tour International Magazine – Anniversary issue 11 Years. Contemporary Art Collectors Magazine, SeeME Nature Award Magazine Online virtual galleries including SAATCHI ART, ITSLIQUID, SeeMe, Contemporary Art Curator Magazine, Circle Foundation for the Arts, Artavita online gallery, World Wide Art Magazine, Bluethumb and Gallery 247, Australian online gallery.
International Honours / Awards for Artistic Excellence
* 2023, “WINNER” of “Talent Prize Award” 2023, ” The Author” Portrait of Emeritus Professor Stuart Reese AM” Won the 7th Portrait International Juried Art Completion, International Teravarna Art Gallery, California, USA.
* 2023, “Honarable Mention Award”, ABSTRACT, International Juried Art Exhibition, Teravarna Art Gallery, California, USA.
* 2023, “WINNER” at the 1st Budapest Juried Art Exhibition, the Golden Duck Gallery in collaboration with Teravarna Art Gallery, USA.
* 2023, “Honorable Mention Award”, the 7th Landscape International Juried Art Competition, Teravarna Art Gallery, California, USA.
* 2023, “WINNER” of “Talent Prize Award” 2023, the 7th Opened International Juried Art Completion, International Teravarna Art Gallery, California, USA.
* 2023, “Finalist” in the contest of Artavita online World Wide Art Magazine.
* 2023, “50 Artists to Invest In”, Milan, Italy. Contemporary Celebrity Masters V. II.
* 2023, “International Prize Pegasus for the Arts”, at the Capitulary hall of the Palace of St. Theodore (Great School of St Theodore), Italy.
* 2023, “Top Artists” – The Protagonists of Contemporary Art, at the Capitulary hall of the Palace of St. Theodore ( Great School of St Theodore), Italy.
* 2023, “International Prize Leonardo da Vinci”. Notional Museum of Science and Technology. “Leonardo da Vinci”, Milan, Italy.
* 2023, “Collectors Art Prize”, International Art Award by The Contemporary Art Curators Magazine in collaboration with Contemporary Art Collectors Platform.
* 2023, “Artistic Excellence”, Spotlight Cover Contest, by Circle Foundation for the Arts.
* 2023, “Artist of the Year Competition Award” for “Artistic Excellence”, by Circle Foundation for the Arts.
* 2023, “International Prize Donatello” at the Borghese Palace, Florence, January 2023, Italy.
* 2022, “The Best Modern and Contemporary Artists London Prize”, December 2022, London, United Kingdom.
* 2022, “International Prize Barcelona, “MEAM”, Barcelona, Spain.
* 2022, “Faces of Peace” International Art Award”, by Contemporary Art Curator Magazine.
* 2022, “International Prize Paris”, “Art Shopping Carrousel du Louvre”. France
* 2022, International Art Exhibition, The Art Fair at Complex du Louvre, France, published in “Modern Art Masters.”
* 2022, “WINNER” of ATIM Collector’s Choice Award” ArtTour International, New York, NY. USA.
* 2022, “Voices of Tomorrow”, International Art Award, by Contemporary Art Curator Magazine.
* 2022, “Top 60 Masters Award”, Art Tour International Magazine, New York, USA.
* 2022, “Luxembourg Art Prize,” “Certificate of Achievement” for High Artistic quality.
* 2021, “Certificate of Excellence”, Circle Foundation for the Arts, Art Review Magazine Contest.
* 2021, “Short Listed “out of 2500 International Artists entries, Visual Art Open, London United Kingdom.
* 2021, “Honourable Mention Award” of Artistic Excellence, All Women International Juried Exhibition.
* 2021,”Honourable Mention Award “of Artistic Excellence, SnapShot International Juried Exhibition.
* 2021, “Certificate of Achievement,” Luxembourg Art Prize, for High Artistic Quality.
* 2017, “Medal of Order of Australia” (OAM) in Queen’s Birthday Honours for service to visual and literary arts and the community, Sydney, Australia.
* 2016, “Presidential Award” by H.E. President of the State of Palestine, Mahmoud Abbas, in recognition and appreciation of her artwork for just peace in Palestine and the globe. Sydney, Australia.